Thursday, November 10, 2011

Long time, no post: CFD and Carbon Fiber Prototyping

It's not that I have been on a project hiatus, I have been hard at work with CFD simulations, researching a possible invention! So I do not want to post everything I have done just yet. But I will be posting the physical prototype I have referred to in a past post, made of water-jet-cut aluminum plate, driven by a ~600W brushless motor. It was made to validate CFD cases, and I gained some insight from it. I have also made a YouTube video of my first FanWing CFD case public. It was done a long while ago.



I have been working on clustering computers, that is connecting by ethernet cable more than one desktop together and using their processors to work on one case together. I am doing it on Ubuntu 10.04LTS and using OpenFOAM 1.5-dev. I will have results shortly. Useful link: Clustering computers

I am now investigating building carbon fiber models, and I will see if I can do myself rather than have a prototyping service do it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I wanted to ask what software you used the create the geometry and mesh for the fanwing. Would it be possible to fork your geometry and mesh files? I am researching for a project I have in mind, and I wanted to get a jump start.

    Best regards,
    Mikhail

    ReplyDelete